St Ann’s Chapel have a fete on June 4th in the King George V Recreation Ground in St. Ann’s Chapel. PL18 9FB. The fete runs from 1pm to 5pm and admission will be free.
If anyone uses the What Three Words app the vehicle entrance to the park is: clots.invisible.wove.
Pedestrian access is also possible via the footpath behind the Rifle Volunteer. The pub is also intending to carry on the festivities into the evening with some form of music (although that has yet to be confirmed)
At the fete there will be:
- A Live band
- An outdoor licenced bar
- A tea and refreshments tent
- A Community Group tent with many tables selling local arts and crafts products
- A Forest For Calstock stand where all people in the parish can put their name down for a free tree if they have the space to put one
- Rising Sun Nurseries will be there
- …and loads of other stalls
We also have a novelty dog show which will run in a central arena. Classes are:
- Cutest Puppy (under 12mnths)
- Golden Oldie (over 7yrs)
- Prettiest Girl
- Most Handsome Boy
- Waggiest Tail
- Best Short Coat
- Best Long Coat
- Child’s Best Friend (handler’s under 12yrs)
- The dog the judge would most like to take home
- Best in show
Rosettes will be awarded to 1st to 4th places in each class.
Trophy for Reserve champion & champion in the best in show class.
There is also a Grand Prize Draw to be drawn on the day with a first prize of £500…plus more
We still have a couple of pitches available if anyone wants to come and market their products. – please contact John Wells on 07973 358240 if you would like a pitch