As the Parish Council cannot meet due to Government restrictions the following has been agreed by the members of the Council as of 9 April 2020.
The Council delegates authority to the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman to take any actions necessary with associated expenditure to protect the interests of the community and ensure council business continuity during the period of the pandemic Coronavirus, informed by consultation with the members of the council. This is in accordance with Local Government Act 1972 s101.
Decisions and actions taken so far this week include:
- Commented on Planning Applications from Cornwall Council
- Sent out latest Planning Applications waiting for comments
- Agreed to distribute leaflets parish wide asking for volunteers and offering support
- Contacted Bishop of Truro office regarding paperwork for the consecration of the new cemetery extension in Calstock
- Contacted Cornwall Council regarding the removal of recycling bins
- Contacted Caradon Community Network regarding double yellow lines in Calstock
- Continue to set up a register of volunteers and people requiring support
- Received 5000 leaflets, 100 ID cards and receipt books for distribution
- Completed end of year for tax purposes
- Liaised with Cornwall Association of Local Councils over various matters
- Continue with burial paperwork and marking of graves
We are available on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01822 748847 or 07858 588 710
Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Over the Easter weekend we will only be dealing with emergency calls for food or prescriptions.