Calstock Parish Council approved the Environmental and Climate Emergency Strategic Plan 2023 in March 2023. This plan will set measurable objectives in line with its three topics: Recovering Nature; Improving Health and Reducing Impact.
To date the Parish Council has:
- A renewable energy policy within the Neighbourhood Development Plan (adopted in 2022) to ensure new housing is energy efficient with a small carbon footprint; all new developments will also have to achieve a 10% net gain in biodiversity.
- Planted over 1000 trees across the parish to mitigate carbon emissions.
- Reduced the amount of plastic littering the landscape and getting into wildlife habitats by eliminating tributes in the cemeteries which contain plastic.
- Switched to Green Energy sources in buildings that it owns or manages.
- Campaigned for clean water in the River Tamar.