There is a Casual Vacancy on the Parish Council – it is for the Gunnislake Ward following the sad death of Bob Hughes. However anyone can apply to be co-opted so long as they are eligible. To be eligible you must:
- be a UK or Commonwealth citizen;
- be an elector of the parish; or
- in the past 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
- work in the parish (as your principal or only place of work); or
- live within three miles of the parish boundary.
You don’t have to be connected to a political party.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the Tamar Valley Centre, Cemetery Road, Drakewalls, PL18 9FE with a letter explaining you are eligible and why you are interested in the vacancy by FRIDAY 08 JANUARY 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.
Any councillor will need to sign the Code of Conduct FINAL CODE OF CONDUCT OCTOBER 2012 revised April 2019