Your Local Neighbourhood Policing Team are primarily involved in ensuring the most vulnerable people in the community are safeguarded from harm, resolving neighbour disputes, tackling anti-social behaviour, repeat victims of crime and educating groups to better stay safe. This often requires partnership working with other professional agencies including housing providers, health representatives and Social Services.
Individual crimes will be allocated to the Response Policing Team or a more specialist team where there are viable lines of enquiry.
Neighbourhood Team is committed to engaging with their communities and regularly hold pop-up sessions and other forms of engagement around the area. Please see the Callington Police Website and dedicated facebook page for details of where they will be visiting next.
There are many ways to contact your local policing team:-
- In an emergency call 999 – This includes crimes that are happening at the time.
- Call 101 for non-emergencies.
- You are encouraged to visit the Force’s Homepage www.devon-cornwall.police.uk where you can find local news and links to other sites, and how to report things.
- To receive real time alerts about crimes and issues in your area and police requests for help, visit http://alerts.dc.police.uk/
- Crime stoppers is a great way to pass information to the Police and can be done anonymously via crimestoppers-uk.org or telephone 0800 555 111. Junior Crime stoppers for under 18’s can pass information to Police anonymously viawww.fearless.org/en
- To report incidents of anti-social behaviour you can fill out an online form for Cornwall Council www.cornwall.gov.uk
- Visit www.reportmyloss.com if you lose any items and need to report them lost
- A significant proportion of calls to Devon and Cornwall Police are not police matters. Whilst we will always try to signpost callers to the most appropriate organisation, it may prevent a more important call being answered quickly. Please think before you contact the Police.
By visiting www.askthe.police.uk you can find answers to most questions you have for the Police.
Please look out for your Local Neighbourhood Team at events such as Duchy Fresher’s fair, Honey Fair Callington and many others, including school fetes and pop up surgeries. Please keep an eye out on our Facebook Page “Callington Police” and our Devon and Cornwall Callington Website for up and coming events. We are always happy to talk to you about any issues or concerns that you may have”
PCSO Jo ADDEMS.