Notice of improvement works being carried out by Network Rail in the coming months that will affect GWR services in our area.
- On Sunday 7 and 14 February, track renewals will take place through Platforms 1 and 3 at Exeter St Davids. Buses will replace trains between Exeter St Davids and Exeter Central while this work takes place. Trains will continue to run between Exeter Central and Exmouth. To find out more, visit GWR.com/Upgrade
- Track and bridge renewals will take place between Par and Truro between Monday 1 and Friday 5 March. A reduced train service will continue to run between Plymouth-Par and Truro-Penzance. To find out more, visit GWR.com/EastCornwall
- On Sunday 7 March, Network Rail will be improving the overhead line equipment in the London Paddington area meaning no trains will be able to run between London Paddington and Ealing Broadway. Long-distance services from the south west will terminate at Reading. To find out more, visit GWR.com/Paddington
- Further track and bridge renewals will take place in the East Cornwall area in the second half of March. Buses will replace trains between Plymouth/Liskeard and Par on the weekends of 13/14, 20/21 and 27/28 March. A reduced service will also run between Plymouth and Penzance on weekdays between Monday 15 and Friday 26 March. To find out more, visit GWR.com/EastCornwall
- Track renewals will take place on the Tarka line from Saturday 10 to Sunday 18 April. Work will be split into two phases with buses replacing trains across the whole branch line from 10 to 13 April, and between Crediton and Barnstaple from 14 to 18 April. To find out more, visit GWR.com/Barnstaple (webpage to be updated soon).
Upcoming rail improvement works2021 is already seeing important investment in the South West’s railways, with a £3m project currently in progress on the St Ives branch line. This further investment will help to improve resilience and reduce the likelihood of delays.