As the Parish Council cannot meet due to Government restrictions the following has been agreed by the members of the Council as of 27th March 2020.
The Council delegates authority to the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman to take any actions necessary with associated expenditure to protect the interests of the community and ensure council business continuity during the period of the pandemic Coronavirus, informed by consultation with the members of the council. This is in accordance with Local Government Act 1972 s101.
Decisions taken so far include:
- Closing the toilets and public play parks,
- Waiving the fee for parking permits for the next 6 months for Gunnislake Car park,
- Publishing planning applications and making consultation comments available on the Parish Council website,
- Clerks working from home or in the office if appropriate and necessary,
- Workmen working 1 day a week each and on call at other times during their normal working week.
- Making a grant of £500 for Calstock Village Hall community shop
- Press release to East Cornwall Times and Cornish Times
- Updating burial fees
We are available on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01822 748847 leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we are able